We have now finished the impala. It has had it MOT test, and is legal and on the road. There are obviously a couple of minor jobs that will needing attending to in due course but these are minor.
28th August 2015
Progress is quick, she is going back together far more easily than expected. We are just hoping we get the remaining paint panels back soon or we will run out of things to do.
26th August 2015
The re-fit of all of the parts has begun now. Trim and interior parts are going back in apace. Progress is far quicker than I anticipated.
24th August 2015
The main body is back from paint. The painter has done a lovely job. Although the bonnet (hood), wings (fenders), and boot lid (trunk) are to follow. Now we can begin building it back up.
21st August 2015
Today is the day when the impala went off to paint. Can’t wait till she is back with us and we can continue putting her together.
Progress should hopefully quick once she is painted.
She is alive and runs!
It was nice to get the engine running again after it was stripped, refurbished and rebuilt. Before we tried to start it we had turned it over without the distributor to get oil and fuel where it needed to be.
She sounds lovely on open headers but we will be fabricating and fitting the new stainless exhaust before she is back on the road.
17th August 2015
Engine is nearly finished. We may be able to start her up tomorrow. We will keep you updated.
14th August 2015
The rear suspension has been re-furbished. Not many new parts were needed, it was mainly just bringing out the former glory of this lovely impala by restoring them.
10th July 2015
The underneath of the impala got a wash down. It was in amazing condition for a vehicle of this age. Essentially rust free. We then proceeded to coat the underneath with stone-chip it took a whole eight litres. It then took about four litres of chassis black on top of this.
This should stop the ravages of the British weather for years to come.
The rear end also got primed and a coat of 2k black on the awkward bits. We also primed the Rh wing (fender) whilst we were at it.
The impala has now been turned around in the work bay.
The front end is all but buttoned down just awaiting a few final parts, so it is time to start work on the rear end.